Connect with us

Current

Changing Rooms FIRST LOOK: Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen and Anna Richardson join two new designers

Voice Of EU

Published

on

The original series was a television hit from 1996 to 2004.

Now fans have been given a first look at the upcoming reboot of DIY show Changing Rooms, with a teaser trailer giving a glimpse at the new design stars.

Homestyle consultant Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, 56, is set to make a comeback on the new series and was seen in the promo alongside Anna Richardson, 50.

Changing Rooms reboot FIRST LOOK: Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen and Anna Richardson join new designers Jordan Cluroe and Russell Whitehead and carpenter Tibby Singh in a trailer

Changing Rooms reboot FIRST LOOK: Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen and Anna Richardson join new designers Jordan Cluroe and Russell Whitehead and carpenter Tibby Singh in a trailer

Laurence dressed all in black to film the clip, wearing leather trousers and matching gloves as he held an umbrella in his hand with a silver skill on the end.

He glared at the camera sporting his iconic impeccably groomed facial hair and long locks before designers Jordan Cluroe and Russell Whitehead, who both work at 2LG Studio, were seen in brightly coloured suits.

Presenter Anna looked stylish in a mustard coloured blouse with a large bow to the front as she smiled at the camera before carpenter Tibby Singh was introduced.

A-team: The show's competitors will work with Laurence or Jordan and Russell (pictured with Anna), as they go against the clock for the renovation

A-team: The show’s competitors will work with Laurence or Jordan and Russell (pictured with Anna), as they go against the clock for the renovation

Rising star: Carpenter Tibby will be on hand to make any special fixtures and fittings for the projects on the programme

Rising star: Carpenter Tibby will be on hand to make any special fixtures and fittings for the projects on the programme

The words ‘it’s back’ were then seen emblazoned across the screen, before it stated that the show will air on Channel 4 on Wednesday 18 August at 8pm.

Changing Rooms with Dulux will run for six episodes, with each instalment featuring two different sets of homeowners in the same area taking on the challenge of renovating each other’s homes as they go up against the clock.

The competitors will work with Laurence or Jordan and Russell, but they will be given the opportunity to put their own stamp on the project.

Comeback: The original Changing Rooms was a television hit from 1996 to 2004 (L-R) Laurence, Andy Kane, Linda Barker, Carol Smillie, Graham Wynne and Anna Ryder Richardson

Comeback: The original Changing Rooms was a television hit from 1996 to 2004 (L-R) Laurence, Andy Kane, Linda Barker, Carol Smillie, Graham Wynne and Anna Ryder Richardson

Davina McCall was originally lined up to host but is said to have stepped down as filming dates conflicted with other work commitments.

The Masked Singer judge, 53, was expected to host the Channel 4 show with Laurence, it was announced last year.

But after the coronavirus pandemic wreaked havoc with her schedule and pushed back production dates twice, she can longer commit to the new series.

Blast from the past: Laurence, 56, dressed all in black to film the clip, wearing leather trousers and matching gloves as he held an umbrella in his hand with a silver skill on the end.

Blast from the past: Laurence, 56, dressed all in black to film the clip, wearing leather trousers and matching gloves as he held an umbrella in his hand with a silver skill on the end.

Steering the ship: Anna, 50, is set to host the show after Davina McCall was unable to due to conflicting work commitments

Steering the ship: Anna, 50, is set to host the show after Davina McCall was unable to due to conflicting work commitments

An insider told The Sun on Sunday earlier this year: ‘Davina was so excited to be part of the reboot but with the changing production schedule, it has become a nightmare.

‘Filming was supposed to take place at the end of last year but it got moved until earlier this year. And now it’s been pushed back again.

‘The lockdown and pandemic have played havoc with the schedule and sadly Davina has said she won’t be able to commit. It’s the last thing anyone wanted but she is so busy with other filming commitments.

‘Everyone on Changing Rooms is gutted as getting Davina on board was a huge coup for the reboot.’

Laurence featured on the programme on BBC from 1996 to 2004 which saw neighbours switch keys to give each other’s rooms the ultimate makeover.

It was confirmed in December that the iconic interior design show would be making a return to screens after a 16-year break, switching over to Channel 4.

Speaking of delays to filming due to the novel coronavirus outbreak, an insider told the publication that month: ‘It was all storming ahead and filming was due to start on the new version in the coming weeks. But Covid has now completely scuppered that.

Oh no! Davina McCall stepped down from her presenting gig on the reboot of Changing Rooms as the filming dates conflicted with other commitments

Oh no! Davina McCall stepped down from her presenting gig on the reboot of Changing Rooms as the filming dates conflicted with other commitments

‘There are some bits they can work on but much of the filming has had to be pushed back — you can’t just descend on someone’s home right in the middle of the lockdown.

‘The safety of the cast and crew is most important for Channel 4 and, while some of it can be put together in a safe environment, the bulk of the filming just cannot happen at the moment.’

Former Changing Rooms presenter Carol Smillie hinted that she’d be open to returning to the series, following a resurgence in DIY in recent months.

Carol, now 58, presented the hugely popular show from 1996 until 2003, while Laurence graduated from designer to host until the programme’s end.

However, he admitted producers had to ‘coax’ him back to the show after over a decade off-screen.

Laurence said: ‘It’s taken quite a lot of coaxing to get me under the Changing Rooms banner once more, but nothing like as much coaxing as it’s going to take to squeeze those leather trousers back on.’

Changing Rooms will air on Channel 4 on Wednesday August 18 at 8pm. 

Original: Former Changing Rooms presenter Carol Smillie hinted last year that she'd be open to returning to the series, following a resurgence in DIY in recent months

Original: Former Changing Rooms presenter Carol Smillie hinted last year that she’d be open to returning to the series, following a resurgence in DIY in recent months

Source link

Current

Oscar-winning La La Land star Emma Stone places three-bedroom Malibu home up for sale for $4.2M

Voice Of EU

Published

on

Oscar-winning La La Land star Emma Stone places three-bedroom Malibu home up for sale for $4.2 million

  • Stone, 33, purchased the oceanfront property for $3.25 in 2018
  • The home spans more than 1,700 sq. feet over 3.2 acres of property in the luxe Southern California area 
  • The home includes exquisite views of the Los Angeles cityscape, Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island 
  • Stone also owns houses in Los Angeles and Austin, Texas; and an apartment in Manhattan 

Advertisement

Emma Stone is looking to sell her three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Malibu, California for $4.2 million.

The 33-year-old actress has listed the mid-century bungalow home on the real estate market, about four years after she purchased the oceanfront property for $3.25 in 2018, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The one-story home belonging to the Oscar-winning La La Land star spans more than 1,700 sq. feet over 3.2 acres of property in the luxe Southern California area.

The latest: Emma Stone, 33, is looking to sell her three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Malibu, California for $4.2 million. The Academy Award-winning actress was snapped in Athens, Greece earlier this month

The latest: Emma Stone, 33, is looking to sell her three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Malibu, California for $4.2 million. The Academy Award-winning actress was snapped in Athens, Greece earlier this month 

Sotheby’s International Realty listing agent Eric Lavey, who is the listing agent on the property, described the home to the paper as ‘a classic 1958 California Midcentury hanging over the Pacific’ and ‘the Malibu beach house they would choose for a Nancy Meyers movie.’

The Scottsdale, Arizona-born beauty’s home includes exquisite views of the Los Angeles cityscape, Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island, and is within walking distance of nearby hiking trails and the beach.

The Cruella star’s house, which has been renovated in recent years, has a state-of-the-art kitchen with gold accents.

The living room of the abode is centered around a fireplace encased in a white brick column, as floor-to-ceiling windows in the home allow for sunlight to pour in.

The living room of the abode is centered around a fireplace encased in a white brick column

The living room of the abode is centered around a fireplace encased in a white brick column

The home boasts amazing views of the Pacific Ocean via multiple angles and vantage points

The home boasts amazing views of the Pacific Ocean via multiple angles and vantage points 

The home features a dining area outdoors which is sequestered by eucalyptus and yucca trees

The home features a dining area outdoors which is sequestered by eucalyptus and yucca trees

A dining room in the home sits adjacent to an outdoor patio

A dining room in the home sits adjacent to an outdoor patio 

A bathroom in the home has a standalone bathtub along with a rain shower.

The home features a dining area outdoors which is sequestered by eucalyptus and yucca trees, and a patio with a panoramic view of the coast.

Other amenities the home features includes a recreation room and art studio.

The Cruella star's house, which has been renovated in recent years, has a state-of-the-art kitchen

The Cruella star’s house, which has been renovated in recent years, has a state-of-the-art kitchen 

The home is made of white brick and wood with gold accents and state-of-the-art appliances

The home is made of white brick and wood with gold accents and state-of-the-art appliances 

A dine-in area sits adjacent to the kitchen in the stunning beach home

A dine-in area sits adjacent to the kitchen in the stunning beach home 

In the years since she acquired the home, Stone in 2020 wed writer Dave McCary, 36, and the couple welcomed a baby daughter in March of 2021.

According to the paper, Stone also owns houses in Los Angeles and Austin, Texas; and an apartment in Manhattan.

Lavey told the paper that he expected the house to sell quickly, as there is a scarcity of homes in that price range in Malibu, and residents of other well-heeled Los Angeles locales such as Beverly Hills or Holmby Hills are partial to purchasing smaller beach homes.

A master bedroom in the home outlooks a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean

A master bedroom in the home outlooks a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean 

Floor-to-ceiling windows in the home allow for sunlight to pour into the home

Floor-to-ceiling windows in the home allow for sunlight to pour into the home 

A bathroom in the home includes a rain shower and standalone tub

A bathroom in the home includes a rain shower and standalone tub

A shower in the bathroom has a glass door with gold fixtures

A shower in the bathroom has a glass door with gold fixtures 

A brick-lined patio area boasts a stunning view of the Pacific Ocean

A brick-lined patio area boasts a stunning view of the Pacific Ocean 

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Current

More than 9,000 artists apply for universal basic income scheme

Voice Of EU

Published

on

More than 9,000 artists have applied for a new dedicated basic income scheme which will see successful applicants receive €325 a week.

Minister for the Arts Catherine Martin said there had been a “huge level of enthusiasm” for the scheme and described the plans as a “watershed moment” for the sector.

Assessment of the applications has started and the process will take a number of weeks given the high volume received.

The basic income scheme was launched in April when the Government announced the payment would be made available to 2,000 applicants in total.

The Coalition has said the objective of the scheme is to address the earnings instability that can be associated with the intermittent and sometimes project-based nature of work in the arts.

The process for selecting successful applicants will be non-competitive, so once a person satisfies the eligibility criteria they will be included in a randomised selection process to pick the successful 2,000. It is understood unsuccessful but eligible applicants will be invited to participate in a control group to help with an appraisal of the pilot scheme.

A basic income for artists was the main recommendation of the Arts and Culture Recovery Taskforce set up in 2020 to examine how the sector could adapt and recover from the crisis caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

The scheme opened for applications on April 12th and closed on Thursday, May 12th.

The Department of Arts said the highest number of applications came from those in the visual arts sector, followed by those involved in music, then film and then literature.

‘Watershed moment’

Speaking to The Irish Times, Ms Martin said it represented “a watershed moment in the funding of artistic practice in Ireland”.

“The new measure makes a statement about our values as a nation – that the voices of artists have been heard and that the arts matter. This is a unique opportunity to research the impact a basic income could have on the arts and to provide the evidence base for a permanent support.

“I am very pleased with the huge level of enthusiasm for the basic income for the arts pilot scheme and am delighted that over 9,000 artists and creative arts workers were willing to participate in this innovate research project.”

Mr Martin said the scheme “heralds a new approach to the way the State funds and recognises her artists and I look forward to seeing the data and findings of the research during the pilot”.

There had been significant interest in the new scheme for artists from other countries, media and practitioners, which indicated the enthusiasm in the arts globally for the move, the Minister added.

Source link

Continue Reading

Current

Neinver begins construction of Alpes The Style Outlets (FR)

Voice Of EU

Published

on

NEINVER has resumed construction works at Alpes The Style Outlets, which once completed will mark the company’s 17th outlet centre across 6 European countries. The company broke ground last March and works are advancing on schedule, with the development of three platforms that will house the main building and car park all well underway. Alpes The Style Outlets, which will be NEINVER’s second outlet centre in France, boasts an exceptional location near the Swiss border, close to Geneva and next to key tourist destinations. It will feature 20,400m² of GLA, over 90 boutiques and restaurants providing both local and international cuisine.

 

“France is a strategic market for NEINVER. Our aim is to develop and operate this centre with the local community firmly involved, providing it with an exciting leisure option, while also contributing to improving the region’s economic and social development,” commented Daniel Losantos, NEINVER Chief Executive Officer. “Outlet centres have shown continued resilience, and this development is a clear vote of confidence in the sector and in the opportunity the site offers to brands to further grow their business.”

 

Located 25 minutes from Geneva, the scheme will offer 1,350 parking spaces and will have direct access to the A-40 motorway, a key transport link between France and Switzerland and to popular winter destinations. It will also be easily accessible by high-speed train thanks to the Paris to Geneva connection, with a TGV station located just 5 minutes from the future centre.

 

“We are seeing keen interest from our brand partners in this one-of-a-kind project due to its exciting retail proposition and its unique location, with great brands such as Adidas, Guess and Levi’s already joining the scheme”, said Joan Rouras, NEINVER Leasing and Retail Director. The centre is exceptionally well located in the Grand Genève area, which enjoys a strong purchasing power and high levels of tourism. The region has also seen a spike in population growth in recent years and is expected to continue increasing significantly in the coming years. To attract these customers, we are designing a destination that will feature an exclusive retail mix of sought-after international brands and the best of what the local area has to offer – a compelling offer for any fashion lover or avid sports fan.”

 

Finely tuned to the local landscape, Alpes The Style Outlets will offer an avant-garde atmosphere, combining natural materials such as wood and stone for a contemporary look. In this open mall concept designed in an “Alpine village” style with chalet-style shops and terraces, NEINVER plans to create a promenade destination and a relaxing day-out providing much more than just shopping. Lyon-based SEV Architectures will project monitor the construction under the coordination and supervision of Arcadis, leading global design and consultancy.

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates 
directly on your inbox.

You have Successfully Subscribed!