Connect with us

Real Estate

Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright share a first look at plans for their £1.3m ‘dream home’

Published

on

They recently started working on their new ‘dream home’ and have been posting regular updates from the building site.

And Michelle Keegan, 33, and Mark Wright, 34, have now shared a first look at the vision for their new £1.3million abode.

Taking to Instagram on Monday, the couple shared a CGI image of the palatial home they’re planning to build revealing its huge windows and bright white exterior.

Big plans: Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright have now shared a first look at the vision for their new £1.3million abode

Big plans: Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright have now shared a first look at the vision for their new £1.3million abode 

As well as boasting lots of large windows, the couple’s home features two smaller sections on the side of their home.

There also seems to be plans for lots of green space around the building and a fun silver feature in the centre of the grey driveway.  

Showing just how much they’re planning on changing, Michelle and Mark shared a snap of their home taken back in 2019 when they decided to do the transformation.

They wrote: ‘Here’s the lovely house that we purchased back in 2019 vs what we are hoping to create.

Impressive: The couple shared a CGI image of the palatial home (bottom) they're planning to build revealing its huge windows and bright white exterior compared with a snap of the house (top) they purchased in 2019

Impressive: The couple shared a CGI image of the palatial home (bottom) they’re planning to build revealing its huge windows and bright white exterior compared with a snap of the house (top) they purchased in 2019

‘It’s been a long process so far and still a long way to go but sooner or later we will have the house, we could have only ever dreamed of. #grateful

‘Thanks to @tidyworkstudio for creating the CGI image of our home, to help us see what we have chosen come to life. Great job.’  

It was recently reported that the couple have sold their old home – bought in 2013 – with it being on the market for £1.78million last October.

Mark and Michelle purchased their new home for £1.3m in October last year and it was revealed in January that they would demolish the four bedroom farmhouse to create the sensationally lavish new house with ‘classical design’.

Lots to do: Acknowledging they've some work to do, the couple said 'sooner or later we will have the house we could have only ever dreamed of'

Lots to do: Acknowledging they’ve some work to do, the couple said ‘sooner or later we will have the house we could have only ever dreamed of’

Progress: Mark has been sharing regular updates from the site to keep fans updated on how his building project is getting along (pictured on Sunday)

Progress: Mark has been sharing regular updates from the site to keep fans updated on how his building project is getting along (pictured on Sunday)

The sprawling new home is set to feature a huge swimming pool, bar and make-up room, floor plans have revealed. 

Posted on Epping Council website and being designed by Essex-based company MP Architects, the stunning plans show the couple’s incredible vision, which also features a playroom for any future kids.

Earlier this month, the couple revealed they have created a home account on Instagram to share progress of the renovations taking place.

They opened their new page and revealed their intentions to give their fans some insight into their ‘journey’.

In one snap, former Corrie star Michelle appeared in great spirits as she climbed a ladder, while her shirtless husband worked up a sweat as he removed a roof with fellow builders in another image.

Getting stuck in! Michelle was seen helping out on the renovations in one video shared from the building site this month

Getting stuck in! Michelle was seen helping out on the renovations in one video shared from the building site this month 

‘This was day 1, ripping the roof off of the garages’, ex-TOWIE personality Mark wrote as he confirmed they started work on their abode in July 2020.

The pair, who have been married since 2015, also uploaded pictures of another home they’re taking inspiration from, which they captioned: ‘Stunning homes we are trying to base ours on.

‘Love this white/Georgian style, we are thinking more of a modern twist though…. do you like?’

The TV stars explained why they’re providing their followers with glimpses of their personal lives as they said: ‘Part of my life I don’t always share is my property development.

'Day one': Presenter Mark recently went shirtless as he worked up a sweat to remove a roof from his abode with fellow builders in another image

‘Day one’: Presenter Mark recently went shirtless as he worked up a sweat to remove a roof from his abode with fellow builders in another image

‘A hobby and side hustle that I love but last July me and @michkeegan started building our dream home… we debated sharing our journey & after a lot of thought we decided we wanted to bring you along with us!’ (sic)

All five bedrooms feature an en-suite, while cupboards are littered through the floor and a vast drive will accommodate a plethora of cars.

Their planning agent previously said: ‘This new house has been carefully designed so that it is similar in area and volume to what is currently on the site.

‘The new house will sit further back on the site and will create a much more functional family dwelling for our clients. 

‘The existing house has been extended several times and is not functional, therefore a new house would be a better use of the site.’  

'It's a hobby and side hustle that we love': The couple launched their home Instagram account earlier this month after buying the property in October 2019

‘It’s a hobby and side hustle that we love’: The couple launched their home Instagram account earlier this month after buying the property in October 2019

Source link

Real Estate

Serravalle Designer Outlet unveils new state-of-the-art leisure facility (IT)

Published

on

McArthurGlen has officially launched the “Play Land”, a brand new 6,000m² leisure concept at Designer Outlet Serravalle. The €7m attraction introduces a new state-of-the-art experiential element to the centre that further enhances the shopping experience for guests of all ages. Part of the centre’s €40m investment programme, Play Land launches alongside six new stores that are home to renowned luxury and F&B brands, including Off WhiteValentinoZegna and Starbucks. The iconic names join recent international arrival Givenchy to further elevate the centre’s reputation as one of Europe’s premier luxury destinations. The enhancements have created around 100 new jobs and also delivered wider improvements to the centre’s hospitality offering, including to its VIP lounges, guest services, landscaping and car parks.

 

This latest investment signals McArthurGlen’s commitment to the region that welcomed it over 20 years ago. Situated in the heart of Alessandria, the centre was the first designer outlet to arrive in Italy in 2000, and today has more than 240 stores spread across over 50,000m² of GLA, making it the largest luxury outlet in Europe by retail space. 

 

“We firmly believe in the value of the physical retail experience and that has always been at the heart of McArthurGlen,” said Joan Jove, Co-CEO of McArthurGlen, addingTogether with our long-standing investor partners from the European Outlet Mall Fund, we are thrilled to bring this new experiential element to our customers at Serravalle and introduce a cutting-edge facility that can be of benefit to the whole community.”

 

Anchoring the facility is Lele’s Aqua Park, which is a brand new concept in the McArthurGlen portfolio. Featuring a bespoke design, the 3,500m² waterpark features a variety of activities, including slides, water cannons and a large waterfall, designed to maximise the fun for children and enhance the day-out experience for families. The Playground, inspired by the work of the famous Dutch artist M.C Escher, spans approximately 2,500m² and consists of platforms and hexagonal towers in a labyrinth of interconnected play spaces. The play village includes a structure inspired by the small villages set in the beautiful Piedmontese landscape, aiming to create a world in which children can immerse themselves in exploration and discovery, while at all times remaining inclusive for those with disabilities. Flora’s Baby park is a new service offered to families while they are shopping at the centre. It enables parents and guardians to leave their children to play among a range of adventure activities, including a small vertical maze, which are supervised and assisted at all times by experienced staff. Designed specifically for the whole family is the Picnic Area, which provides a welcoming space set up with comfortable tables and chairs. Guests can relax in this environment while taking advantage of the centre’s excellent mix of F&B operators. 

  

The investment enhances Serravalle Designer Outlet’s sustainability credentials with new green spaces, improved water consumption and solar panels, supporting McArthurGlen’s commitment to reducing its impact on the environment. A newly planted garden comprising perennial plants and flowers encircles the leisure complex, creating a protective green belt around the family area that connects to the centre’s surrounding landscape. An integrated irrigation system reuses the water from the swimming pool, while two photovoltaic systems installed on the roofs of the changing rooms and public toilets provide energy from renewable sources.  

 

McArthurGlen’s long-standing partner Hydea designed the masterplan for the Family Entertainment Area, with sector specialistsCarve creating the Playground and Baby Park, and Cemi designing the waterpark.

Source link

Continue Reading

Real Estate

British ex-pat, 67, is forced to DESTROY his Spanish home two months after his wife died from cancer

Published

on

A British ex-pat has been forced to knock down his £130,000 Spanish home two months after his wife died from cancer.

But the situation for 67-year-old Gurney Davey, from Suffolk, could get worse because he is facing six months in prison after a mayor illegally gave him planning permission for the house.

‘I was distraught at first, my blood pressure was sky high and then I lost my wife,’ Mr Davey said this week as he was demolishing his home near Tolox, Malaga.

Gurney Davey, 67, has been forced to knock down his £130,000 Spanish home two months after his wife died from cancer

Gurney Davey, 67, has been forced to knock down his £130,000 Spanish home two months after his wife died from cancer

Despite Friday’s demolition also costing him €1,600, he added that it had actually come as ‘some sort of relief’ having fought the legal battle since 2004, over the house he built in 2003. 

It was then that legal firm, Manzanares, informed him he would be getting a licence for an ‘almacen’ (or storeroom), which would allow him to build the house.

‘We thought we had done everything right. We got legal advice and went through a lawyer in order to get permission to build the home,’ Davey explained. 

But he was later told that his house was one of around 350 that were illegally given planning permission by the former mayor, Juan Vera, who was eventually handed a prison sentence of his own.

Mr Davey was told his house had to be demolished for himself to avoid a six-month prison sentence, with the news coming just after his wife, Diana, died from bowel cancer at the age of 71.

‘Diana fought breast cancer for six years before bowel cancer – I am sure the stress brought it on.’ 

‘But thankfully it is now over,’ he explained. ‘It has been going on for so long now, I’ve finally come to terms with what needs to be done. 

‘Having it demolished was actually a relief,’ he added.

As he still owns the land, he can still live on it – just not in a house.

Despite Friday's demolition also costing him €1,600, he added that it had actually come as 'some sort of relief' having fought the legal battle since 2004, over the house be built in 2003. Pictured: Mr Davey's home in Spain before it was demolished on Friday

Despite Friday’s demolition also costing him €1,600, he added that it had actually come as ‘some sort of relief’ having fought the legal battle since 2004, over the house be built in 2003. Pictured: Mr Davey’s home in Spain before it was demolished on Friday

Mr Davey was told that his house was one of around 350 that were illegally given planning permission by the former mayor, Juan Vera, who was eventually handed a prison sentence. Pictured: Mr Davey's home in Spain after it was demolished on Friday

Mr Davey was told that his house was one of around 350 that were illegally given planning permission by the former mayor, Juan Vera, who was eventually handed a prison sentence. Pictured: Mr Davey’s home in Spain after it was demolished on Friday

Now, the father-of-three is planning a minimalist life staying in a converted van, so that his five dogs still have the space to roam.

‘This land is my home, it is my life and these dogs are all I have left.’

Whether or not he still faces a prison sentence, is yet to be confirmed.

The ex-pat only found out about the potential six-month sentence when a court document was delivered to a neighbour’s house.

‘I went straight to Tolox town hall with it. They told me I shouldn’t have received it yet,’ he recalled. ‘They said they were going to be sending the notification to me once they had stamped it.’

He had never been told about the court case that followed on from a Guardia Civil denuncia for an ‘illegal build’, but Davey’s two-bed home should never have been built according to the Malaga court.

Now, the father-of-three is planning a minimalist life staying in a converted van, so that his five dogs (pictured) still have the space to roam

Now, the father-of-three is planning a minimalist life staying in a converted van, so that his five dogs (pictured) still have the space to roam

In 2016, and then again in 2017, Davey was ordered to knock down his house, but, in common with a neighbour, he waited for more details.

While his Spanish neighbour, Irene Millan, 29, did eventually hear from the court again, she was given six months to ‘legalise’ her property – an option Davey was never given.

However, his neighbour’s apparent good luck turned into a poisoned chalice.

Having spent €20,000 with the town hall to legalise the dwelling, the court finally refused to accept the new paperwork provided by the council.

Instead, demolition was ordered – which went ahead last week.

To add insult to injury Irene’s 54-year-old father, Manuel Millan, whose name was on the deeds, was also sentenced to six months jail and handed a fine of €6 a day for a year.

Whether or not he still faces a prison sentence, is yet to be confirmed. The ex-pat only found out about the potential six-month sentence when a court document was delivered to a neighbour's house

Whether or not he still faces a prison sentence, is yet to be confirmed. The ex-pat only found out about the potential six-month sentence when a court document was delivered to a neighbour’s house

As he still owns the land, he can still live on it - just not in a house. Pictured: Mr Davey, a former builder, uses a JCB digger to demolish his own home

As he still owns the land, he can still live on it – just not in a house. Pictured: Mr Davey, a former builder, uses a JCB digger to demolish his own home

The couple, originally from Suffolk in the UK, spent £130,000 building their property.

‘It came as a package – a plot with a new home on it.’

Davey admits he and his wife were perhaps naive to follow the advice of their lawyer.

The lawyer, from legal firm Manzanares, told them that planning permission would be applied for as an almacen – or ‘warehouse’.

Mr Davey (pictured) was told his house had to be demolished for himself to avoid a six-month prison sentence, with the news coming just after his wife, Diana, died from bowel cancer at the age of 71

Mr Davey (pictured) was told his house had to be demolished for himself to avoid a six-month prison sentence, with the news coming just after his wife, Diana, died from bowel cancer at the age of 71

This way it would come under the remit of Tolox town hall, which would give permission and later they could ‘legalise’ the property.

The language of one legal letter suggests this would be a mere formality, but the property never got legalised.

In fact, the Tolox mayor of the time, Juan Vera, has since been jailed and fined for his part in a scheme.

In most cases the mayor used the very same ‘lax’ procedure of applying to build an ‘almacen’ to try to keep the prying eyes of the Junta authorities away.

‘We thought that was the way things worked in Spain,’ said Davey, a retired builder. ‘We went to see a lawyer and got advice. It turns out that was not the smart thing to do.

‘Why would we deliberately try to build illegally? It makes no sense that we would sell up everything in the UK and risk it all.’

Mr Davey had earlier said that he was forced to ask the town hall for permission to knock his own property down.

‘I will do it myself. I will borrow a JCB from someone and flatten my home of the past 17 years. I will not let the town hall do it and charge me more money.’

It is not the first time British expats have had their homes demolished in Andalucia, with the Priors, in Almeria, the most famous victims.

They still live in the garage of their house today, over 10 years since the house was knocked down in Vera. 

Source link

Continue Reading

Real Estate

Two teenagers died after separate incidents in Dublin and Waterford

Published

on

Two teenagers have died after separate incidents in Dublin and Waterford on Wednesday.

Gardaí in Ballyfermot responded to a call at an equestrian centre at Tay Lane, Co Dublin, at about 2pm.

Dublin Fire Brigade and the National Ambulance Service attended the scene and provided medical assistance to a 15-year-old girl who was injured during an exercise event.

She was removed to Children’s Health Ireland at Crumlin, where she later died.

Gardaí said the coroner has been notified. The Health and Safety Authority (HSA) has also been notified and will carry out an examination on Thursday.

Gardaí said investigations are ongoing. A file will be prepared for the Coroner’s Court.

Separately, gardaí and emergency services attended the scene of a workplace accident in Dungarvan, Co Waterford on Wednesday afternoon.

A boy was pronounced dead at the scene.

The HSA has been notified and will carry out an investigation. A file will be prepared for the coroner.

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates 
directly on your inbox.

You have Successfully Subscribed!